DivMMC is based on the known DIVIDE and is a logical development of the ATA (IDE) interface. This new version of the Divide contains a SD card slot is fitted directly to the interface. The SD card and CF card has become widespread as a storage medium in Divide, so no IDE port is present on the interface anymore.
The DivMMC comes with instructions and prepared SD card (8GB) with system-software and a lot of games and demos. Further Spectrum programs you can easily download from various websites and save on the SD card, these programs can then be accessed by pressing a button on the Spectrum.
Some technical details:
- divIDE uses full 16 bits of ATA bus (1)
- divIDE works on all ZX Spectrum flavours (16, 48, 48+, 128, +2, +2A, +3 and clones)
- Thanks to divIDE's onboard logic, theoretical transfer speed is 218 KB/sec (determined by the latency of INI/OUTI instructions)
- divIDE has 8 KB of shadow flash ROM that hosts operating system core, leaving your original ZX Spectrum ROM intact. Additional 32 KB of RAM accessible as 8 KB memory banks are present.
- divIDE's auto-mapping feature transparently maps shadow ROM at important entry points, enabling standard tape emulation, BASIC extensions, NMI menu and DISCiPLE/+D or BetaDisk emulation.
- divIDE's MAPRAM feature helps developers and users to test new software without the need of reflashing their working system in shadow ROM. It can also emulate another 8 KB of ROM if necessary.
- Compatible with major known interfaces, exept disc-interfaces
Further features which were specially included in the DivMMC:
- two integrated switchable joystick ports Kempston/Sinclair 1+2/Fuller/Cursor
- Two CF-Card slots (Master/Slave)
- Comes with the best software: ESXDOS
- FAT and FAT32 compatible – easy file transfer!
- Support for various emulator formats: .TAP, .SNA, .TRD and more!
- New and easy BASIC commands and many fun and useful tools!
- Create snapshots to continue a game later!
- Write support to SD card with easy commands!
- Updates are still being developed; installing an update is easy!
Those looking for an easy way to play fast Spectrum software from the Internet on the original hardware, will welcome the DivMMC. The operating system is still evolving, new features are easy to update.
There are more operating systems that can be installed and enhance the interface even more. There is already a community on the net.
If you have further questions, we surely can answer them.